Designed for Primary and Secondary Food Packaging
The Hornet 565 is a parallel robot for high-speed picking and packaging applications. The powerful controls are fully embedded into the base of the robot, saving valuable floor space and reducing installation costs and complexity. It features a hygienic design that minimizes contamination risks, including a standard IP65 rated work area and corrosion resistant materials for easy wash down.
The Hornet includes a complete robot packaging solution that includes integrated high-speed conveyor tracking, powerful vision guidance, and easy-to-use application software created specifically for the packaging market. The robot can be programmed directly from a PLC, minimizing training and deployment time by using familiar ladder logic programming languages.
- Hornet 565 requires no external control electronics, with all amplifiers and controls fully embedded into the robot
- Extended vertical reach allows for a 0.36 m3 (12.7 ft3) workspace, enabling a wider variety of packages to be used.
- 0.32 s cycle time enables higher product throughput and reduces cost per pick
- Industry-leading conveyor tracking capabilities allow for <5mm repeatability at all coveyor speeds (pending)
SmartController EX, NX/NJ Series4
An ultra-compact, high-performance, distributed robot motion controller capable of controlling an entire production line including up to 15 robots and third-party peripherals. The controller's distributed architecture, embedded software, integrated belt tracking and high-speed communications allows users to integrate their automation systems with the user-friendly interface of the ACE PC-based software.
Designed for use with Adept Cobra s-series SCARA robots, Viper six-axis robots, Quattro parallel robots and Python Linear Modules, the controller features Gigabit Ethernet, a high-speed processor and new software, called Adept eV+. Integration with the Adept SmartVision delivers seamless control of your vision systems, belts and robots. The Adept SmartController EX is smart control delivered.
Communications Interfaces / Software
RS- 232 serial port (115kbps), RS- 422/485 serial por, Gigabit Ethernet, DeviceNet, SmartServo interface (3x), eV+ real-time multi-tasking operating system and programming language, Adept ACE™, TCP/IP Interface
Adept Robot Support
Adept Cobra™ s-series robots, Adept Viper™ robots, Adept Quattro™ robots
The Adept T20 manual control pendant provides an ergonomic and durable package which users can manually teach the robot system. All gripping and holding positions enable comfortable and fatigue-free operation. The Adept T20 pendant is compatible with any robot that is controlled by the Adept SmartController EX motion controller.
Product Details- Supports
- Enable/disable power
- Jog the robot in different modes (joint, world, tool, frame)
- E-Stop button and 3-position enable switch
- Colorful and high resolution User Interface
- Teach locations
- Display robot position, digital I/O, and system status
- Display IP address of controller
Product IncludesT20 Pendant with 10m cable attached, 3m adapter cable with bulkhead connector and Documentation
Vision & Inspection Guidance
Vision and Inspection Gudance: SmartVision MX
Omron's Adept SmartVision™ MX is a high-performance vision processor optimized for machine vision applications. The SmartVison MX is the easiest and most dependable way to add powerful vision guidance to your robotic applications. Ideal for use in factory settings, the system features a rugged, fanless construction, a solid-state hard drive, and a wide operating temperature range, ensuring high reliability.
Gigabit Ethernet ports with Power over Ethernet (GigE PoE) and USB 3.0 ports accommodate a wide variety of machine vision cameras. The SmartVision MX comes factory loaded with Adept’s powerful ACE software platform; optional extensions include AdeptSight™ for vision-guided and inspection applications, and ACE PackXpert™ for deployment of complete packaging applications.
- Intel Core i7 processor, 8GB DDR3 RAM, and Windows Embedded Standard 7 - 64 bit
- Ruggedized, industrial computer design with no moving parts
- 4 GigE PoE and 4 USB 3.0 ports for machine vision cameras
- Factory loaded with Adept ACE™ software, with optional extension for vision guidance
- Supports PackXpert complete packaging line automation software
- Powerful computer is capable of processing high resolution and high frame rate images
- Improves reliable and minimizes maintenance requirements in industrial settings
- Supports up to eight cameras simultaneously (max depends on application requirements)
- AdeptSight vision extension provides powerful and easy-to-use object location and inspection tools
- Simplifies deployment of packaging automation solutions with wizard-based configurations and minimal programming requirements
Vision Guidance: ACE Sight
An easy-to-use, standalone vision guidance and inspection package that runs on a PC, and comes complete with all the necessary hardware and accessories. This software includes a powerful framework that can be used to develop customized vision guidance and inspection applications. Its simple graphical user interface allows you to quickly develop robust and accurate vision applications. ACE Sight simplifies deployment in difficult conditions with its robust vision, algorithms are tolerant to poor lighting, noise, and occlusions."
- Fast, Accurate Parts Location
- Automatic model-teaching and fully editable models
- Advanced Inspection Capabilities
- Results filtering tool simplifies setup of Pass-Fail inspection applications
- Vision Guidance and Calibration
- Application Development
- Conveyor Tracking
- Complete Vision Guided Robot System
ACE Sight software, FireWire camera, 640 x 480 or 1392 x 1040, with 16 mm lens, Camera mounting kit, FireWire cable (10m)