The Sysmac automation platform integrates the safety solution within our one connection and one software concept. One connection is realised through the use of Safety over EtherCAT - FSoE - protocol. The one software is achieved by using the Sysmac Studio for configuration, programming and maintenance. The NX safety system consists of safety controller and safety I/O units. Both the safety controller and safety I/O can be freely distributed in an I/O rack throughout the network, mixing them in any combination with standard NX I/O.
- The safety controller meets Category 4, PLe according to the EN ISO 13849-1 and SIL3 according to the IEC 61508
- Up to 8 safety input points per unit
- Safety Function Blocks conforming with IEC 61131-3 standard programming
- PLCopen Function Blocks for safety
- Integration in one software, Sysmac Studio