Protecting people while maintaining productivity and efficiency is a high priority for automotive manufacturers. OMRON’s machine safety solutions provide an unmatched combination of expertise, products and services to help you protect your team without sacrificing output.
Today’s automotive manufacturers are under pressure to be more flexible, reduce downtime, increase efficiency and, above all, keep personnel safe. These requirements are especially applicable for final assembly, which traditionally has more manual processes compared to other departments. Even external factors can play a role in Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). For example, labor shortage and local regulations (i.e. restrictions from unforeseen events like a pandemic) may limit the number of people allowed in a facility during a single shift.
Intelligent safety devices, flexible configurations and visualization can simultaneously improve safety and streamline productivity strategies. The best safety device is one that offers maximum protection with minimal impact on machine operations at the lowest possible cost. OMRON safety components are engineered to meet your most demanding functional safety needs while preserving your productivity and ensuring your people are safe.
Planning for safety in the auto factory of the future
- Intelligent Safety: Choose IIoT-ready platforms and use devices with advanced safety features that integrate with your current platform.
- Intuitive Troubleshooting: Use friendly interfaces, unified tools and tracking.
- Integrated Development: One development environment allows fast development and easy access to safety data.
- Safety Networks: Use a safety protocol like CIP safety or Functional Safety over EtherCAT.
- Flexible Solutions: Use centralized or integrated safety and keep it as simple as possible from start-up to troubleshooting.
- Wireless Safety Solutions: Use an integrated and flexible safety solution that supports your production demands.