Fully autonomous intelligent vehicles
Our mobile robots are fully autonomous intelligent vehicles that increase throughput, reduce machine dwell time, eliminate errors, improve material traceability, and allow employees to focus on tasks that require complex human skills.. What’s more, unlike traditional AGVs, our mobile robots navigate by the natural features of the facility and require no expensive facility modification.
Easy deployment: true natural feature navigation
Less cost: no facility modifications required
- No need to pre-program path
- Self-mapping with on-board PC
- Rapid installation
Safe: safety rated vehicles
- Work alongside people
- Able to avoid fixed and moving obstacles
Scalable: form a fleet of up to 100 vehicles with Enterprise Manager
- Job dispatch and management
- Centralized configuration management
- Facilitates traffic flow
- Centralized point of communication
Efficient: optimize your operations
- Use shortest allowable path
- Automatic alternative route planning around unplanned obstacles
- Easily add and change pickup and delivery points
Flexible: endless application payload integration
- Easy conveyor top integration
- Supports collaborative robotic arm
- Transport carts and totes
- Robust - 24X7 Productivity
- Opportunistic charging
- Capable of operating in highly dynamic environment
- Proven worldwide installed bases
MobilePlanner is our PC-based software to manage the robot or the fleet.
- Builds and distributes maps for mobile robot applications
- Provides configuration tools for the robot to adjust robot parameters, program sensors, cameras, etc.
- Assigns jobs and schedules routes
Our mobile robots use an on-board laser to scan the environment and generate a map which will be used for navigation.
The navigation map is also editable via MobilePlanner:
- Add pick-up and drop-off locations
- Add restriction zones
If the operating environment changes dramatically (in warehouses and busy factories where objects such as pallets and carts frequently change locations), acuity provides an additional method of “localization” to the on-board laser. It identifies overhead lights and overlays the “light map” with the “floor map”. It also allows mobile robots to move easily across wide-open areas in large warehouses.
Our mobile robots are safety rated. They use on-board lasers and other sensors to detect obstacles on their moving path and, based on speed of travel, they trigger E-stop to prevent vehicle collision into objects on their path.
- LIDAR Laser
- Lower Laser
- Side Laser
- Front Bumper
Our Enterprise Manager is a network appliance that provides coordination of mobile robots when multiple mobile robots operate within a facility.
- Transport Request (Job) Allocation: distributes jobs across multiple mobile robots by selecting the best-suited vehicle to perform them
- Traffic control: optimizes traffic flow of vehicles
- Communications: single point of contact for integration with factory systems (MES, WMS, ERP, etc.)
- Configuration Management: manages system parameters across the fleet of vehicles
Our OEM mobile platform is available to developers for custom applications and payloads. It includes our proprietary self-navigation software, which is ideal for use in crowded environments, tight hallways, and applications where a compact automated vehicle is advantageous. Our OEM partners and payload developers enjoy access to a reliable drive system, an on-board power supply, automated self-charging, and I/O for integrating payload hardware onto the mobile platform.
Our OEM mobile platform is available in two configurations, both with a runtime of up to 19 hours a day:
- LD60 capable of transporting up to 60kg (max speed 1.8 m/s)
- LD90 capable of transporting up to 90kg (max speed 1.35)
Our Cart Transporter is designed to attach to moveable carts and transport them from a pick-up location to a drop-off location. Applications include line-side inventory replenishment, moving flow racks, transporting Work in Progress between process steps, and moving finished goods to the warehouse. Our Cart Transporter uses Natural Feature Navigation to autonomously find a path through the facility without the need for any facility modifications. Our Cart Transporter is safe to operate in existing doors and aisle ways as it can sense and avoid people, forklift trucks and other objects in its path.
Our Cart Transporter is available in two options:
- LD-105CT with a payload of 105 kg (max speed 1.35 m/s)
- LD-130CT with a payload of 130 kg (max speed 0.9 m/s)
- Side laser kit: patented technology that provides enhanced safety and obstacle avoidance capability
- Acuity kit: allows each mobile robot to navigate in highly dynamic environment such as in warehouses and busy factories
- Docking Station: for robot charging
- HAPS (High Accuracy Positioning System): for applications that require robot to align precisely with conveyor infeed/outfeed locations, container filling stations, etc.
- Call button: enables the operator to call a mobile robot to a specific location. It also includes digital I/O that can be used to opening a door
- HMI: 7 inch touchscreen for operator to interact with robot
Our mobile robots can be configured for multiple configurations. Here you can find a small sample of applications where our robots are used in various industries.
- Tire assembly: moving green tires from intermediate storage to curing press stations
- Automotive electronics: moving PCBs and small components for line side replenishment
- Automatic accessories: transports totes to and from injection moulding stations
- Semiconductor wafer fab: intrabay WIP transport between stockers to process tools, transport reticles for photolithography process
- Semiconductor packaging and test: moving IC chip tray via trolley
- Mobile Device Manufacturing: moving tote of PCBs in handset assembly
- Data Centre: environmental surveillance and troubleshooting in large server farm
Food and Beverage
- Snack factory: moving cardboard boxes to packaging lines
- Catering facility: moving baked food totes to stock room
- Warehouse: e-commerce order fulfilment
- Shipment distribution centre
Light General/Consumer Products Manufacturing
- Jewellery manufacturing: moving finished jewellery moulds to casting station
- Sunglass manufacturing: virtual conveyor to move boxes of sunglasses from ASRS to manual sorting stations and then bring finished parts to conveyor
- Hotel: linen and room service delivery
- Hospital: surgical instruments delivery in hospital