So you can remediate your own machines
Your ‘helicopter’ view of risk reduction
Our Conceptual Safety Design service gives you a higher-level overview of possible risk reduction measures for your machines. It includes illustrations and is more specific than the Risk Assessment. This enables your own engineers to implement remediation that is within their time constraints and skill sets.
If your engineers are uncertain about how to proceed, we can provide more detailed guidance via our Formal Safety Requirement specification and Formally Engineered Design Solutions. Both of these provide in-depth insight to remediation strategies.
Or if you don’t have the knowledge base or resource to carry out the remediation yourself, our engineering team can carry out the remediation on your behalf, and the process can be managed by one of our specialist project managers.
The Conceptual Safety Design provides:
- A more detailed description of risk reduction measures to reduce the risks from the hazards identified on the machine.
- EN ISO 13849-1 PL‘r’ determination - for the upgrade of an existing safety related control function, or the provision of a new safety related control function.
- Wiring architecture - what is recommended of each safety function.
- Identification of safety products to remediate the machine, including input devices / sensors, logic solvers, interlocks, and final shut down devices.
- ESPE device type - specification of any devices recommended (type 2 or type 4 and resolution).
- Conceptual design, graphics and images.