We assess, so you can manufacture
The ‘Use of Work Equipment Directive’ 2009/104/EC requires a formal assessment of a machine’s safety and suitability for use. The directive was adopted into law by the individual EU member states in various forms but all with the same objective: to ensure that work equipment is safe for end-users.
It specifically requires that all work equipment must be assessed by the machine’s owner before it is put into service - and at other appropriate intervals.Contact us for machine safety consultancy
The assessment must be performed:
- Before a machine being put into use for the first time
- At appropriate or regular intervals depending on the machine’s duties and the environment in which it sits
- When the machine is moved / relocated – even when it is within the same facility
- When the machine is modified or changed in any way that may affect its suitability for safe use and fitness for use.
Focused in two main areas of the directive:
- Assessment of the site policies and procedures by way of mandatory legal health and safety requirements
- Physical assessment of the machine.