Saving your valuable time
In our experience we find that many new machines or newly installed production lines exhibit some form of noncompliance. They are not always as safe as they can be. Consequently the CE mark on a machine may not be a valid one, simply because of the specific requirements of CE marking machinery.
A CE mark is the manufacturer’s declaration that the machine complies with the relevant EU directives. In most cases these are the Machinery, Low Voltage, and EMC directives. A CE mark is needed not only for a machine to be sold on the market, but also when you create one for your own internal use.
We provide all the key assessments and documentation for you. In addition, where modifications are required, we further support you with designs, engineering, and installation of safety functions. When the process is complete, we assist in creating the Technical File and the appropriate declaration for the machine.
Some of the CE marking tasks
We ensures the whole process is smooth and efficient.
- Risk assessment of the machine
- Inspection of the machine against all applicable Essential Health and Safety Requirements of the Machinery Directive
- Inspection of the electrical system to IEC EN 60204-1
- Inspection of the pneumatic system to EN ISO 4414
- Inspection of the hydraulic system to EN ISO 4413
- Inspections to all other EN ISO standards for the machine
- Noise testing
- EMC testing
- Provision of documentation showing: Verification of your documentation showing the determination of the safety control performance level required (PL’r’) of all safety related control functions.
- Provision of documentation showing your calculation of the machine stop time and verification of the positioning calculations of all ESPE devices (light curtains, laser scanners, single beam light sensors and pressure mats), and other safety devices falling under the scope of EN ISO 13855
- Documentation required by the Machinery Directive, to fulfil the requirements of the Technical File and its assembly
- Creation of the EC declaration of conformity or declaration of incorporation for the customer to sign.
How it works
Working closely and ‘in partnership’ with you or your partners, suppliers (or authorised representatives if you are based outside the EU) we help you gain formal legislative CE marking for your machinery.