Additional support when you need it
Engineers specialised in machine safety After we have performed a risk assessment, you may find that your engineers do not have the specialist knowledge or resources to perform the remediation. You may also prefer not to handle the ‘safety sign-off’ yourself. No problem, we take care of both: remediation and sign-off.
As with our safety requirement specification provision service, we work to the appropriate EU directives and applicable EN ISO standards for the machine, and with due consideration to the Use of Work Equipment Directive.
Where necessary, we refer to any appropriate formally published guidance, such as codes of practice and local regulations.
Our ‘Turn-key’ design and installation solutions include:
- Functional specifications
- All mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic specifications and designs.
- Any applicable electrical drawings
- All applicable safety-related control system designs
- EN ISO 13849-1 safety-related control system performance level determinations and calculations
- Any documentation required to update the technical file
- Procurement of all necessary parts and equipment
- Installation of the design solution.
The final part of any safety refurbishment, remediation or upgrade is the validation, verification and safety ‘signoff’. In cases where we have initially assessed the machine, and then provided the fully engineered design solution, we provide the final ‘safety sign-off’, and, where necessary, carry out a Use of Work Equipment Directive assessment, before the machine is returned to service.
In addition to this, and where required, we support your staff with training on any safety solution we have provided to ensure that machinery can be operated safely.