Bigger, stronger, better: new LD-250 mobile robot from Omron moves payloads up to 250kgThe new LD-250 mobile robot from Omron can handle a payload of 250kg and is the strongest and newest addition to our LD series of mobile robots. Together with the Fleet Manager, which for the first time in the industry enables the control of multiple mobile robots with different payloads through one system, it will help realize a more flexible and optimized autonomous material transport system.
LD-250: The strongest member of the LD family
OMRON Fleet Simulator offers the industry’s first mobile robot simulator for factory and manufacturing applications
Omron offers a new solution for optimizing an entire fleet before deploying.
MobilePlanner is our PC-based software to manage the robot or the fleet.
- Builds and distributes maps for mobile robot applications
- Provides configuration tools for the robot to adjust robot parameters, program sensors, cameras, etc.
- Assigns jobs and schedules routes
Introduction of the Omron Mobile Planner - an easy to use, portable, monitoring and control user interface tool for LD Mobile Robots.03:21
Our mobile robots use an on-board laser to scan the environment and generate a map which will be used for navigation.
The navigation map is also editable via MobilePlanner:
- Add pick-up and drop-off locations
- Add restriction zones
VOLA, a Danish manufacturer of luxury sanitary and kitchen fittings, has opened a new factory that incorporates a fleet of nine LD mobile robots from Omron. The new robot fleet works side-by-side with people, and is controlled by an advanced fleet management system. These have replaced roller conveyors, leading to a more flexible production and logistics set-up that matches the company’s single-piece production process, in which everything is produced to order.02:36
Handling high-mix and low volume production, whilst compensating labour shortage are challenges for Omron manufacturing in Japan. See how LD mobile robots are used to automate material transport and increase efficiency, to accelerate human-machine collaboration.03:47
Our Enterprise Manager is a network appliance that provides coordination of mobile robots when multiple mobile robots operate within a facility.
- Transport Request (Job) Allocation: distributes jobs across multiple mobile robots by selecting the best-suited vehicle to perform them
- Traffic control: optimizes traffic flow of vehicles
- Communications: single point of contact for integration with factory systems (MES, WMS, ERP, etc.)
- Configuration Management: manages system parameters across the fleet of vehicles
- Manage Fleets up to 100 robots
- Simulate up to 10 robots
- Secure control and data interfaces for faster installation and increased intelligence. RESTful, SQL, RabbitMQ.
- Hybrid Fleet Management
Our mobile robots are safety rated. They use on-board lasers and other sensors to detect obstacles on their moving path and, based on speed of travel, they trigger E-stop to prevent vehicle collision into objects on their path.
- LIDAR Laser
- Lower Laser
- Side Laser
- Front Bumper
Alignment Positioning Systems
Cell Alignment Positioning System (CAPS)
- CAPS aligns our mobile robots with machinery at ±8mm position accuracy and ±1° rotation accuracy.
- It can approach from any angle so that customers do not need to worry about floor layout, nor the shape of the load, and docking can be achieved from any direction.
- Enables a smoother and quicker loading & unloading of material, contributing to a shorter cycle time.
- CAPS allows an offset per robot, meaning the user can dial out the slight hardware differences of the top attachment in the fleet just by changing the parameters.
- HAPS aligns our mobile robots with machinery at ±10mm position accuracy and ±0,5° rotation accuracy.
- It ensures that the robot will follow a fixed path, even backwards and with angles.
- Moving object motion tracked by robot
- Collaborative and intuitive robot motion with “pass-behind” decision making
- Robots now understands obstacle movement
- Better decision-making and path planning
OMRON Fleet Simulator offers the industry’s first mobile robot simulator for factory and manufacturing applications.
The unique cobot and mobile robot hybrid concept solution from OMRON
Specifications & ordering info
|Product||Mobile robot type||Maximum load||Maximum speed||Kit type||ESD protection||Battery included||Description|
|OEM robot||250 kg||1.2 m/s||Mobile robot||No||No||Mobile Robot, LD-250, without Battery, with OS32C LIDAR|
|OEM robot||250 kg||1.2 m/s||Mobile robot + docking kit||No||No||Mobile Robot Docking Station Kit, LD-250, Charger, without Battery, with OS32C LIDAR|
|OEM robot||250 kg||1.2 m/s||Mobile robot + starter kit||No||No||Mobile Robot Starter Kit, LD-250, with Charger, without Battery, Joystick, Top Plate, with OS32C LIDAR|
We've got a nearly-infinite combination to fit any production scenes.
Thank you for requesting a quotation. We will provide you with the required information as soon as possible.
We are experiencing technical difficulties. Your form submission has not been successful. Please accept our apologies and try again later. Details: [details]Download
LD-250 mobile robot tutorial 1- Getting startedIn this video, you can learn how to get started with the LD-250, from unboxing the mobile robot to getting it on your wireless network, and connecting to the MobilePlanner. Get your LD-250 ready to go!
LD-250 mobile robot tutorial 2 - Add the robot to your fleet
Made for Industry
With the largest install base in the world, OMRON mobile robots are deployed in thousands of applications across multiple industries.
- Tire Assembly
- Automotive Electronics
- Automotive Accessories
- Assembly and Inspection
- Sterilization Room Transport
- Laboratory Sample Transport
Food & Consumer
- Stockroom Transport
- Transport Goods to Assembly and Sorting Stations
- Semiconductor Wafer Fabrication
- Semiconductor Packaging and Test
- Mobile Device Manufacturing
- Data Center Environmental Surveillance
Omron Mobile Planner Tablet Edition - IntroIntroduction of the Omron Mobile Planner - an easy to use, portable, monitoring and control user interface tool for LD Mobile Robots.
Mobile Manipulator combines a cobot arm with an autonomous mobile robot for flexible productionOMRON's autonomous mobile manipulator solution supports flexible manufacturing and improves efficiency by integrating a self-navigating LD mobile robot with OMRON's collaborative robot arm. What will you use it for?
Omron mobile robotsOmron's Autonomous Mobile Robots (AMRs): no facility modifications, no laser beacons, no floor magnets, no tapes and setup the robot within an hour.
Related events and seminars
Dec 08 - 11, 2020 09.00 - 17.00
In this webinar we will go through multiple tips and tricks for designing mobile robotic applications. You will also learn which technologies will be crucial to build 24/7 autonomous mobile robotics systems.
Held on Jul 06, 2020
Are you able to fully comply with the most recent safety standards on Collaborative and Mobile Robot applications?
This translates into increased complexity when safely implementing these applications. Moreover, changes in safety standard requirements have arrived, and this needs to be known by integrators and end users. That’s why the Omron 45-minute webinar will show you the route to answer all these changing needs.
Held on Jul 08, 2020
How can we help you?
If you have a question or would like to ask for a quote, please contact us or send a request.
Factory optimization with best in class fleet management
Our strongest Fully Autonomous Mobile Robot
Fully Autonomous Mobile Robots