Are you a proactive, highly motivated VAT Accountant? Do you like to work in a dynamic and dedicated team of finance &accounting professionals? Then this might be a role for you!
Omron Corporation (Omron) established in 1933, is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 39,000 employees in 44 countries. Omron is specialized in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries, including automation, electronic components and healthcare.
OMRON is now seeking for a highly motivated VAT accountant to join our Finance & Accounting & Tax Team.
OMRON´s EMEA Finance & Accounting team is located at its European Headquarters in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. A dedicated team supports to different Omron businesses consisting of more than 40 entities and branches in Europe, The Middle East, and Africa.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately compile all information required to complete and file monthly/quarterly VAT returns for Omron Entities across the EMEA region.
- Preparing and submission of monthly Intrastat reports and EU Sales Listings.
- Performing VAT accounts reconciliations and analysis.
- Secure timely VAT payments and follow up on VAT refunds.
- Ensure compliance with local rules and regulations.
- Support VAT audits and communicate with local tax authorities.
- Verify that purchase and sales invoices are compliant as far as VAT is concerned.
- Addressing system issues related to JDE and help resolving them in cooperation with IT.
- Streamline VAT compliance process in order to make sure the ERP systems can handle the required VAT compliance work.
- Proactively identify VAT risks.
Required education, skills and competencies
- HBO / University level in tax or accounting
- Demonstrable VAT knowledge (2 years)
- Proficient user of Excel and other MS applications.
- Experience with ERP systems such as JDE is a plus
- Fluent communication skills in English both written and verbal is essential.
- Additional European Languages highly desirable.
- Pro-active and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in Netherlands
We look forward to receiving your motivation letter and your cv! Please click on apply!