Are you an experienced (supplier) Quality Engineer with a strong background in and affinity for Industrial Automation Products and Solutions? We are offering you a job in a dynamic, multinational environment where you can apply and expand both your technical as well as quality management skills.
As a Quality Engineer Finished Goods, in Omron Europe’s Quality & Environment Department, you are assessing and addressing the quality level of our finished goods and the quality performance of the involved suppliers. You are involved in the product creation process, the related supplier and product evaluation processes, issue handling and continuous improvement. Your span of interest goes from Quality management to engineering topics, at the same time you are closely communicating and working together with our sales & marketing, logistic, R&D and quality teams as well as of course our external partners and suppliers.
You will visit the suppliers and partners and verify whether they and their products and processes match our quality requirements. In this way, you will directly contribute to the quality of our products and solutions, which are a key value for OMRON’s success!
Your Main Responsibilities
- Assuring adequate quality and compliance levels of our finished goods
- Assessing and improving supplier quality performance, including supplier audits and related follow-up
- Addressing and supporting customer complaints and product quality issues
- Promoting Omron’s quality system and standards, including our Green Supplier Standards with related chemical substance and environmental management systems
- Work closely with our local and global business companies to support Critical-To-Quality requirements and their deployment to the suppliers
- Aligning the operational quality assurance system between supplier and Om Supply Chain
- Preventive and Corrective Measures, audit planning, execution and follow-up
- KPI Monitoring and Reporting
- (Quality) improvement project and other structural improvement activities
Desired Skills and Experience
- Technical Bachelor (HBO) Engineering or higher
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with electro mechanical products and production processes, in particular industrial sensing, safety, control and robotics.
- Familiar with CE marking and Product Regulatory Requirements.
- Positive-critical, quality minded, result oriented and hands-on
- You can communicate tough messages to the suppliers and at the same time have a cooperative, constructive attitude to internal customers and as well to suppliers
- Experience with Supplier Process Release (e.g. PPAP)
- Experience with Quality tools (8D/SPC etc.)
- As a professional you can communicate with your colleagues on all levels
- Fluency in English and preferably another major European language.
- Willingness to travel
Are you interested? Please apply through our career site adding your resume and motivation letter. Do you want to know more or have a question about this position, connect with Jan-Willem Vogelaar, European Quality & Environment Manager.