Are you an energetic, proactive Strategic Sourcing Specialist? Do you like to work in a dynamic international environment? Then this might be a role for you!
Omron Corporation (Omron) established in 1933, is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 39,000 employees in 44 countries. Omron is specialized in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries, including automation, electronic components, and healthcare.
Omron Management Center Europe (OMCE), headquartered in Hoofddorp, the Netherlands is the holding company for Omron’s operations in the EMEA. OMCE supports Omron’s businesses in the 23 countries across the EMEA region. OMCE aim to maximise their results, mainly about advancing Omron’s long-term management strategy. In particular, OMCE provides support by providing Legal, IT, Finance & Accounting, Auditing, Projects Office, Facility Management, Human Resources and Purchasing services.
OMRON is now seeking for a highly motivated Strategic Sourcing Specialist to join our Purchasing team which is based in our Den Bosch location in The Netherlands.
The Strategic Sourcing Specialist supports Omron’s end to end procurement of the Indirect products and services essential for our operations within the EMEA region. In addition, this position will support in all phases of the procurement process that require the skills necessary to identify cost saving opportunities, prompts ideas to cost centre managers, category managers, negotiate, generate contracts to assure seamless availability of all products to support the company objectives. Additionally, you support category managers with their regular supplier performance evaluation.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the global strategic procurement management goals of Omron and implement action items to ensure that those goals are achieved
- Guide staff, mainly category managers in the desired way of working and ensure the available processes and tools are utilized in the most optimal way
- Support establishing procurement policies and ensures compliance within the departments and take responsibility to build and maintain the intranet site for indirect procurement as support site for users
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization
- Further support to develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy domestically and internationally
- Participate in establishing short-term and long-range planning and budget development of Omron to support strategic business goals
- Support evaluating supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models and intelligence
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers
- Maintain and develop supplier relationships (trade shows, supplier meetings, conferences, etc.)
- Develop supplier management programs with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives
- Responsible for negotiations for best possible cost service guarantee and develop “win-win” strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Analyse industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities
- Analyse Omron spend and advise cost reduction programs or revised approach of sourcing for identified fields
- Build a solid network with category managers within the Omron organization and support them with purchasing needs
- Guiding Omron staff in optimal usage of the Procurement tool and processes
- Comfortable in communication with suppliers when discussing requirements and contract details
The position will report to the Strategic Sourcing Manager.
Required education, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in commercial, business administration or procurement field
- Minimum 1 to 3 years procurement experience, preferably in an international organization
- Experience within indirect products and services
- Preference for international sourcing experience
- Ability to manage projects and establish clear goals and accountabilities to ensure successful delivery (on time, within budget, meeting agreed upon success criteria)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in teams and independently
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge of the legal terminology and language related to supplier and/or vendor agreements and contracts
- Systems skills and working knowledge of MS Office, with advanced Excel knowledge
- Experience with SAP, Ariba Source to Pay platform is preferred
- Excellent presentation and communication (verbally and in writing) skills in English language
- Negotiation skills or as minimum comfortable in meetings with suppliers
- The candidates must be eligible to work in the Netherlands
Start date for the role: 01 January 2021
We look forward to receiving your motivation letter and your cv! Please click on apply!