The Purchasing Department of the Industrial Automation Business in Europe is concentrating on strengthening the strategic purchasing competences and abilities to help keeping the manufacturing facility in Den Bosch competitive on a Global scale.
As a Strategic Purchaser, you will contribute to a best in class material cost management, servicing the Omron internal stakeholders on Total Cost of Ownership (Quality, Cost, Delivery). It is a challenging and dynamic role, which requires a professional hands-on, well-structured approach. You are a professional with strong communication skills, able to build bridges. You bring analytical skills; you are a well structured individual and able to maintain overview.
What will you do?
- Develop and maintain your Category Strategy to achieve the Purchasing KPI’s on short and long term.
- Manage your Suppliers in all aspects of their cooperation with OMRON.
- Develop, support, and coordinate New Product Introductions (NPI’s).
- Support the daily operations, while collaboration with other OMRON departments like i.e. Quality, R&D, Engineering, Production, Planning and Warehousing/Shipping.
- Collaborate and stay connected with Omron departments in the USA, China and Japan.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant Bachelor/Master-degree preferably combined with Procurement related courses (NEVI or APICS).
- >3 Years of work experience in a tactical or strategic purchasing role.
- Affinity with technical products.
- Proven experience with continuous cost down and improvement projects in relevant area.
- Excellent and experienced negotiator who creates strong commitment and partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent purchasing project management skills. Proven ability to successfully manage complex purchasing related projects.
- Dutch & English language proficiency.
- Willingness and ability to travel (10%).
- Experience with ERP systems.
What is it like to work at OMRON?
Since Omron's foundation in Japan in 1933, the company has been driven by providing solutions that improve people's lives in an innovative way. Decades after, we strive to live up to the values of continuous innovation driven by social needs, challenging ourselves during the journey and treating others with respect, encouraging their potential.
This is translated to the everyday activities in our production center in Den Bosch. You will join an environment where you can lead innovation and contribute to society in a sustainable way. Omron offers you growth opportunities in a stable, well stablished environment that keeps on growing steadily every year. We take proud in having a welcoming, open and inclusive environment.
Omron offers you attractive benefits next to your salary, such as 8,3% holiday allowance, year-end bonus, pension scheme, travel costs compensation and other components.
Do you see yourself working at Omron and leading innovation?
Sounds like you?
We invite you to apply via our Careers Webpage with your CV and motivation letter stating why do you see yourself working at Omron and what catches your attention from this opportunity. Questions about the role? Please contact Amanda Ruiz, HRM Coordinator on 0655227764