As a Strategic Purchaser you will contribute to a best in class material cost management, servicing the Omron internal stakeholders on Total Cost of Ownership (Quality, Cost, Delivery).
Purpose of the role
The Purchasing Department of the Industrial Automation Business in Europe is concentrating on strengthening the strategic purchasing competences and abilities to help keeping the manufacturing facility in Den Bosch competitive on a Global scale.
As a Strategic Purchaser you will contribute to a best in class material cost management, servicing the Omron internal stakeholders on Total Cost of Ownership (Quality, Cost, Delivery). It is a challenging and dynamic role, which requires a professional hands-on approach.
- Develop and maintain your Category Strategy to achieve the Purchasing KPI’s on short and long term.
- Manage your Suppliers in all aspects of their cooperation with OMRON.
- Develop, support, and coordinate New Product Introductions (NPI’s).
- Support the daily operations, while collaboration with other OMRON departments like i.e. Quality, R&D, Engineering, Production, Planning and Warehousing/Shipping.
- Collaborate and stay connected with Omron departments in the USA, China and Japan.
Required education and qualifications
- Relevant Bachelor/Master-degree preferably combined with Procurement related courses (NEVI or APICS).
- >3 Years of work experience in a tactical or strategic purchasing role.
- Affinity with technical products.
- Proven experience with continuous cost down and improvement projects in relevant area.
- Excellent and experienced negotiator who creates strong commitment and partnership with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent purchasing project management skills. Proven ability to successfully manage complex purchasing related projects.
- Dutch & English language proficiency.
- Willingness and ability to travel (10%).
- Experience with ERP systems.
Key competences: analytical, well structured, able to maintain overview, sparring partner/vision, sensitivity on global processes, strong communication skills and bridge builder.
What can you expect of Omron?
Working in a dynamic, global Japanese organization with competitive Compensation & Benefits.
The site Den Bosch is run by a local management living the Omron values but maintaining the open culture. In Den Bosch you will find our biggest manufacturing location in Europe and the central European Distribution Center (EDC).
Are you interested? Please apply through our career site adding your resume and motivation letter. Do you want to know more or have a question about this position, connect with Pim Verboven, European Purchasing Manager.