Do you like to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment? Then this might be a role for you!
Omron Corporation (Omron) established in 1933, is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 39,000 employees in 44 countries. Omron is specialized in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries, including automation, electronic components and healthcare.
OMRON is now seeking for a highly motivated Sr. Operational Accounting Employee to join our Document Team in our Accounting Operations Center in Den Bosch. A dedicated team supports to Omron businesses consisting of more than 40 entities and branches in Europe, The Middle East, and Africa.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining and controlling of the quality of the processing activities and collaborate with different Omron companies & departments. You will be assisting to implementation, improvement and maintenance of operational accounting processes and participate in the centralization & integration of the operational accounting processes into the operational center in Den Bosch.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
You are responsible to ensure that the following tasks are performed within set timelines and in an accurate way:
- Back up for processing Purchase Invoices
- Review status 31
- Intercompany Recharges (GETS and Non-GETS)
- Control Supplier Master Data
- Maintain Daily Planning
- Review Open AP Reports
- Debit Notes
Ensure an accurate and complete AP Subledger.
Cleaning Open AP Report
Assistance with Month End/Year End closings (collaboration with OMCE Financial Control team)
Assist with audits
Participate in the centralization and integration of the operational accounting processes. Identify gaps and propose new processes and standards. Investigate opportunities for automation of processing.
Assist in creating process descriptions, work descriptions and manuals to ensure continuity of all processes within the Document Team.
Assist in developing and maintaining a KPI dashboard as part of the quality management system for accounting processes
First Single point of contact for Document team employees
Lead training new employees within Document team
Support the Document team on issues and queries
Assist process improvements in cooperation with the AP specialist of the Document Team.
Required education, skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Finance.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in hands-on accounting role.
- English language proficiency
- Strong excel, power point skills
- Knowledge and application of accounting guidelines (US-GAAP, Local GAAP, J-SOX, IFRS).
- Knowledge of ERP systems and Accounting Software packages, preferably JDE and BAAN.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Excellent problem-solving and administrative skills.
- Proactively addresses business issues arising and takes action to resolve. Uses team structure effectively to delegate and ensure work tasks are completed with available resources.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Remains flexible to deal with changing business requirements and can manage task variation and prioritize to ensure critical work tasks are completed on time, accurately and completely.
- Excellent communication skills and team player (bridge builder)
- Self-starting and result / deadline oriented and accurate.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in Netherlands
We look forward to your motivation letter and your cv! Please click on apply!