The role is responsible for developing applications for target customers. Tthe candidate will work on real applications to know not only how the products work, also to know about the applications and what are the key features of OMRON solution for the customers.
Purpose of the role:
Solution Engineer is the technical reference for OMRON Iberia on products and solutions. The role is responsible for developing some applications for target customers and share those technical knowledges which are interesting to increase the business on those areas. To be specialist on these products/solutions, the candidate will work on real applications to know not only how the products work, also to know about the applications and what are the key features of OMRON solution for the customers.
- To be specialist on Automation products (Controllers, IOs, Middleware and communication protocols).
- Develop applications related to Traceability and Digitalization solutions for target customers.
- Use new technologies in real applications and teach them to the rest of the organization.
- To be state of the art on new technologies related to Automation.
- Handle projects with customers for technical issues and next steps.
- Promote products/solutions internally and externally.
- Develop tools to be used by sales colleagues to promote these solutions.
- Pro-active proposal of actions, support of sales and promotion activities.
- Execute services related to automation (Pre-Sales and After Sales).
- Provide technical trainings internally and externally.
- Delivers effective presentations in seminars or at key customers.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- University or Higher vocational education (Bachelor’s degree) with a minimum of 5 years of working experience.
- Complementary education in Computing.
- Good knowledge on these programming languages: SQL (SQL Server preferred), C#, C/C++, Java, VB .NET, OPC UA.
- Working experience in OEM or sales (technical department).
- Experience of interacting with a sales organization and external customers.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels.
- Proficient in English.
- Team oriented.