Improve and extend our software platform and help us to design and build new software platform generation. Work within distributed teams using agile SCRUM methodology and implementing user stories with the highest levels of quality within the sprint.
Omron Corporation is a leading industrial automation company that leverages its core sensing & control technologies to expand into businesses, such as control components, electronic components, automotive electronic components, social infrastructure, healthcare, and the environment.
Omron was established in 1933, and has around 39,000 global employees, offering products and services in over 110 nations and regions. In the industrial automation business, Omron is contributing to making an affluent society by offering automation technologies which drive innovation in manufacturing as well as products and customer support.
About Our Team
We are a software engineering team distributed in 2 locations, Fareham (United Kingdom) and Barcelona (Spain), strongly collaborating with other Omron Global locations, such as Kusatsu (Japan), California (United States) and Den Bosch (Netherlands). Our team mission is to brand new (Novel) Software Product Development and Advanced Technology Development to develop innovative solutions for the industry of the future.
About Your Role
You will join our development team located in Barcelona to improve and extend our software platform and help us to design and build new software platform generation. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be expected to work within distributed teams using agile SCRUM methodology and implementing user stories with the highest levels of quality within the sprint.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with marketing to transform requirements into software specifications
- Translate software specifications into Features and User Stories
- Design and implement the functionality for the requirements
- Participate in code/design reviews and continuous improvement
- Interact with stakeholders to improve the quality of the product
- Have opportunities to lead a diverse team of talented developers
- Provide influence on schedule, feature, and product designs
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the software
- Acquire and implement knowledge on new technology relevant for Omron
- Achieve the best products in the market with passion
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science or any relevant disciplines
- A minimum of 5 years of software engineering experience
- Understanding of fundamental design / SOLID principles for building a scalable application.
- Used to apply design patterns and experience in design of desktop applications.
- High attention to code quality and used to conduct code reviews and Unit Tests.
- Proven experience with tolerance for ambiguity working through incubation stages
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills
- Able to think outside the box: find unexpected ways to solve problems of meet requirements.
- Dynamic drive to contribute to a larger goal (building a company).
- The knowledge and/or experience of any of the following would be desirable:
- Industrial Automation Applications: PLC, Sensors, Motion Control, Inverter, Servo, Robotics, etc.
- Experience in cloud-based systems such as Azure or AWS.
- Experience in 3D Programming and Graphics (DirectX and Sharp-DX)