For the Engineering department in Production we are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who likes to work in a multi disciplinary team with mechanical and electrical Engineers. Together they use innovative technologies, like robots, cameras and artificial intelligence.
Senior Software Engineer (Engineering department)
Omron is an international manufacturer of controllers and drivers of modern machinery. Our products can be found primarily in machinery for the food, automotive and semiconductor industry. On our Den Bosch site multiple departments are located: Production, Distribution, R&D and other staff functions.
For the Engineering department in Production we are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who likes to work in a multi-disciplinary team with mechanical and electrical engineers. Together they use innovative technologies, like robots, camera’s and artificial intelligence to create state of the art production lines.
You develop a strategy how the factory can benefit from modern technology and carry this out to the Software team and other stakeholders. In this hybrid environment you must cope with a wide variety of technologies including Linux and Windows, C#, SQL and PLC technology and you are capable to challenge the team to adapt new technologies when necessary. We create our production lines, by using Windows and Linux, C#, SQL and PLC technology not limited by a single technology, striving for an Industry 4.0 environment.
As a senior Engineer you are rather a generalist than a specialist in a single specific technology. You are responsible for analyzing, designing and implementing high-tech solutions to real world manufacturing challenges in close consultation with the R&D and manufacturing department.
Your role and responsibilities
- Develop software for new production lines for products in our factory, from concept to production line
- Leading a team of Software engineers
- Software development of the SW development strategy and architecture
- Together with other stakeholders you define the requirements and specification
- Design, development and validation of applications developed by the team
- Propose and lead improvement projects
- Design and implement software that will run on embedded systems as well as .Net applications
- Become familiar with our product portfolio, technology & development process
- An academic or equivalent degree (minimum Bsc) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or comparable
- At least 5 years relevant work experience and you are seen as the natural leader in the team
- Experienced with at least these programming languages (C#, Python) and preferably C, C++.
- A working knowledge of the Linux and Windows environment; and have developed code on it
- Familiar with Agile development practices e.g Scrum, Kanban
- Familiar with modern build automation environment such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.
- Methodical in your approach, with excellent judgment and good communication skills
- Comfortable in a dynamic, international environment
- Good understanding of the English language, both in speaking and writing
- Result oriented, responsible, thorough, and pro-active
- Living in the Netherlands, preferably in the Den Bosch area
- Keywords: ambitious, flexible, responsible, thorough, pragmatic, decisive, critical, curious and pro-active
What can you expect of Omron?
Working at Omron means working in a dynamic, international organization. We are a Japanese company that is run by a local management. The Engineering team works on production lines for global products produced in the factory. We work on international projects with our multidisciplinary team (mechanical, software, hardware and system testing). In Den Bosch you will find Omron’s biggest production location in Europe. Next to it we have a distribution centrum from which we supply all European clients.
How to put Artificial Intelligence in Action in Real-life Industrial Automation? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocS7NYg1w8A