Omron Europe BV - Sede Secondaria located in Poirino (TO) - is looking for a Safety Service Consultant. Can you mix competence in machine safety with unbeatable business acumen and customer-service orientation? Apply now!
As an Omron Machinery Safety Consultant, you will provide our clients with machinery safety assessments, audit consultancy services and training in the field of hazard elimination and risk reduction for their industrial machinery. You will be part of the European Omron Safety Service team.
You will ideally be based in Emilia Romagna, however, the role will require you to travel around the wider Italian region, and at times to other European countries in support of your colleagues.
Duties and responsibilities
- The assessing and auditing client’s machinery for legal, regulatory, and EU normative compliance with respect to hazard identification and risk reduction methodologies.
- Be able to identify and propose practical and safe remedial or corrective actions to reduce risk in compliance with applicable standards by the preparation of conceptual safety designs, as well as a providing a wider extended range of associated machinery safety consultancy services.
- You will carry out business development visits to clients, identify client needs and prepare proposals for consultancy work to support their needs.
- You will manage the safety projects in your region in partnership with local Omron sales teams, our Industrial Solutions team, and when needed our Omron accredited safety system integrators, and solution partners.
- You will promote the sale of the Omron Safety Service product range and safety solutions by working closely with the Omron East region sales team, and the wider European Omron Industrial Solutions team.
- You will provide training to our customers on machinery safety to help increase our clients machine safety competence, in conjunction with the provision of our consultancy and product solution portfolio.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Hold a university degree in an Electrical Engineering or technically related field;
- Have industrial experience in the field of machinery safety, either as a consultant, as a safety specialist in an end user organisation, or with a machine builder.
- Hold a professional safety certification and accreditation such as a TUV Functional Safety Engineer (FSEng), or be prepared to attain such status;
- Have experience in carrying out industrial machinery safety assessments, and the related processes acquired in a hardware sales, machinery safety applications, or a machinery safety consultancy role;
- Have experience and a substantial working knowledge of applicable directive’s, standards (EN, ISO, etc.) and local country regulations in the East region for industrial machinery safety;
- Previous experience in a customer-facing, customer focussed role;
- A strong ‘problem solving’ mentality and skill set;
- Your colleagues will see you as: passionate about safety, self-driven, target and deadline oriented, punctual and reliable, having the ability to multi-task, and be able to manage ever changing priorities;
- You must have fluent written and spoken English, and any additional languages other than the language of your own country would be an advantage;
- Have the ability to travel on a weekly basis to varying locations around Europe;
- You must be in possession of a driver’s license.
- The opportunity to work in a highly successful, sales-oriented, international company providing the latest in innovative technology and safety solutions;
- The opportunity to be a part of a highly professional team, passionate about keeping people safe at work;
- Exposure to personal development opportunities within the wider Omron organisation.
Omron Safety Service Europe is a team of experienced professionals located in various countries across Europe. The team provides the full scope of machinery safety related life cycle services, including engineering and remediation support through strategic partners.
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please apply through the apply-button including your resume in English.