For the extension of our Robot Service department in the Nordic region based around the Oslo, Ålesund or Stavanger area we are looking to recruit one Robot Service Engineer reporting to Omron Robotics Service Engineering team
As Robot Service Engineer you will be responsible for providing technical support to our customers primarily based on After Sales Support for all the Nordic regions and on a time to time bases in the rest of Europe.
Purpose of the role
We are looking for a candidate who is proactive and has long and wide experience in industrial automation with deep knowledge in robotics. Many of our customer solutions are integrated with our Sysmac control system platform. Knowledge with experience of PLC and Motion is a big plus for this service position.
We are looking for a candidate who can identify customers' wishes and needs in after sales support as a priority. It may also entail from time to time to suggest optimal support improvement with our integrated automation solutions. You must be a real team player who can also work on your own. Success is your driving force, and you are results-oriented and solution-oriented, flexible and positive. A challenge provides an opportunity for success. Having Sysmac knowledge is not essential but could be an advantage. The main role will be repairing and servicing our Fixed, Mobile and Collaborative robotic systems.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Planning and executing onsite services for end user customers and system vendors.
- Telephone support for customers in the above-mentioned area.
- Planning and executing repairs at our current installed customer base.
- Planning, organizing and executing seminars/trainings at customer site and occasionally at our training center.
- Preparing, continuing and extending service documentation.
- Possibly accruing telephone support and onsite services at the weekend.
- Preparing information for quotations about possible service performances for local Omron Offices
- Entering the service projects in the CRM system.
- Consulting customers concerning a service strategy.
- Reporting quality defects and problems (quality control, engineering).
- Active registration in the CRM system and corresponding database maintenance of products installed at the customer.
- Supporting other locations in the Nordic as well as rest of Europe.
- Repairing customers robot systems both mechanically and electrically.
- Travel to customers and possibly means time away from home, both abroad and in your home country.
Education, skills and experience:
- Completed apprenticeship in mechanical, electronics and electrical.
- Further education as an experienced technician or Bachelor of Engineering is preferential.
- Experience in maintenance and repair of robot hardware mechanics and electronics.
- Know how in industrial automation (Robotics, PLC and Vision systems).
- Know how in programming of robot systems. Preferable Omron Adept Programming Language V+, ACE (Adept Control Environment) or a high-level programming language C+ or C++.
- Proven hands on experience both mechanical and electrical in machine automation or technology background.
- Norwegian and English (spoken and written is essential)
- In possession of a drivers’ license.
- Passport essential
- Home based located close to Ålesund, Oslo or Stavanger
- A challenging, interesting and varied job
- Entry into a future-oriented industry with excellent development opportunities
- A good friendly team
- Personal and professional training will be provided
- An attractive salary and a company car - also for private use
- Other benefits depending on country rules
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please apply through the application form and include your resume and motivation letter in English. If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please contact Mark Downing, Robotics service manager Northern Europe: +44 7825054052 email@example.com