Are you willing to challenge yourself and grow in Risk Management? Then this might be a role for you!
Omron Corporation (Omron) established in 1933, is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 39,000 employees in 44 countries. Omron is specialized in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries, including automation, electronic components, and healthcare.
OMRON is now recruiting for a highly motivated Risk Manager to join our Legal Team.
You will be a part of OMRON´s EMEA Legal team which is located at its European Headquarters in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. A dedicated Legal team supports three different Omron businesses consisting of more than 40 entities and branches in Europe, The Middle East, and Africa. The legal team consists of 1 European Legal Counsel, 3 Legal Counsels, 2 Junior Legal Counsels, 1 Paralegal, 1 IP Specialist and 1 Risk Manager.
The Risk Manager will support Omron’s business companies in the EMEA Region from a risk management perspective. He or she will evaluate and manage risks to enable the business to take business decisions through a standard methodology considering risk seriously. Omron business contains all disciplines as R&D, Manufacturing, Marketing, Sales, SCM and Back-Office functions.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Risk Management Strategy
- Leading the Risk function in EMEA , developing, implementing and maintaining the risk management framework. Crucial part of your role is to effectively implement risk management processes.
- Promoting an appropriate risk culture across the organization through clear strategy, engagement and tangible measurable plans & actions.
- Ensuring a proactive approach is taken to the identification of risks - including advising on the risks associated with new business, projects, change initiatives and their impact on company strategy
Advice & guidance
- Providing group executives and (regional) senior management with expert guidance and support.
- Providing expert guidance and support to departments, countries/regions
Developing effective relationships with stakeholders in the risk management lifecycle, including with senior management in HQ in Kyoto and peers in other support functions in the other regions. This is mainly related to projects we run globally. Each region proposes project team members from their region.
Ensuring execution of plans through an EMEA network of risk- and compliance managers in their country or region.
Providing education and training to employees to build risk awareness within the organisation in cooperation with Learning & Development Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in business economics or other relevant degree qualification.
Required specific knowledge, skills and experience
- 6-10 years of (international) working experience
- Corporate / business control or quality management background and a business attitude.
- Risk and compliance experience
- Strong business acumen, problem solving abilities, and good judgment
- Strong ability to manage by influence, strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic team player, down to earth, flexible but firm; proactive
- Fluent in English and preferably one or two other European languages.
- Ability to work independently
- Result and quality driven, ensuring follow up until completion and PDCA.
- The candidates must be eligible to work in Netherlands
We look forward to receiving your motivation letter and your cv! Please click on apply!