Are you ready for the next step in your career? We are looking for a Post-Grad Field Application Engineer (Automation) for our sales organization in Milton Keynes.
Omron Corporation is a leading industrial automation company that leverages its core sensing & control technologies to expand into businesses, such as control components, electronic components, automotive electronic components, social infrastructure, healthcare, and the environment.
Omron was established in 1933, and has around 39,000 global employees, offering products and services in over 110 nations and regions. In the industrial automation business, Omron is contributing to making an affluent society by offering automation technologies which drive innovation in manufacturing as well as products and customer support
Post-Grad Field Application Engineer (Automation)
Immediate Manager: Area Sales Manager (immediate Graduate ‘buddy’ will be assigned)
Location: Initially Office based (12 months) working towards a home-based role, operating within an assigned region.
The role will require the post holder to go through an initial 12 – 18 month training period, before developing into a full-time FAE specialising in Automation. The final role is primarily externally based with extensive travel required throughout the designated region. Occasional European travel may be required.
There will be a 12 to 18 month induction period, as an introduction to the Omron business, its departments and its people, along with structured learning in the robot products supported in this role.
The final role sits within the designated regional sales team and will be supporting the sales growth of IAB products within a specified geographical Hot Spot area. The main emphasis will be one of providing technical and application support to new and existing direct customers within the region. Provision of product training and technical support to Distributors and their Customers will also be required.
- To support the growth of the company’s IAB business in a specified geographic region by providing efficient & effective technical and application support.
- Provide technical and application support for new and existing direct accounts.
- Provide high-level technical support and product training to distributors.
- Provide high-level technical support to Distributor customers, as required.
- Use Omron management information systems to track and monitor area performance.
- To ensure that new and Key Promotional Products (KPP’s) are effectively supported.
- Support the introduction of new product lines to new and existing direct customers and Distributors, by working closely with the local Field Sales Engineer, Area Sales Manager & Marketing teams.
- Identify and report new application opportunities to the marketing team for further research.
- Communicates with Area Sales Management and Marketing teams to ensure application knowledge is effectively transferred to all.
Build and develop mutually beneficial relationships with colleagues, customers and Distributors.
- Engage in regular contact with a broad cross-section of direct customers, Distributors and colleagues.
- Proactive in knowledge sharing of applications, customer and partner information.
- Communicate on-going application developments with external and internal staff e.g. Case Studies, Seminars & visit reports.
- Participate in regular sales meetings and conferences.
- Recognise and explores new opportunities using skills sets of colleagues as appropriate.
- Budget: Regional budget & KPP
- Business growth
- Build and maintains knowledge of the business area.
- Adopt an ongoing development of knowledge through self-learning.
- Takes ownership of issues/problems within the business area.
- Identifies solutions.
- Initiates action to resolve.
Focused on profit/revenue maximisation and achieving agreed standards and targets.
- Identify knowledge or support required to reach individual decisions.
- Take appropriate action to achieve the best possible outcome in each case.
- Good financial awareness.
- Management of accounting skills
- Displays the ability to negotiate as an equal business partner within business relationships.
- Maintain a detailed awareness of the latest industry and technology trends.
- Supportive of team and company objectives.
- Work with colleagues to ensure cross-functional integration and execution of business plans.
- Degree in Automation or electrical/electronic engineering or equivalent
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Studied within the field of Automation, Electrical and Electronic Control Systems. Knowledge of AI, IoT, Data Analytics would be an advantage
- To demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge and some basic commercial understanding is desirable
- A good understanding of OEM’s, End-users, System Integrators and panel builders is advantageous. Knowledge of distribution strategies and varying Routes-to-Market is also beneficial.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Good planning & organising skills.
- Self-motivated, ambitious, pro-active and tenacious, with the capability of achieving challenging targets.
- Capable of working both independently and as part of a team, contributing to the overall success of the company’s sales effort.
This Job Description and profile is a guide to the role of Post Grad Field Application Engineer (Robotics). It is not an exhaustive list of the duties and responsibilities and may be altered from time to time to meet changing business circumstances.
Given the current government guidelines on Coronavirus (6th May 2020), we have closed our office in Milton Keynes, and we are now all home working.
Please apply for the position, in the first instance, by providing an up to date CV accompanied by a covering letter, detailing why you think you would be suitable for the role to email@example.com
If successful, we will contact you with further instructions on how to proceed with your application.