We are looking for a Lead Software Engineer who wants to be part of multidisciplinary development projects for Industrial automation products such as Industrial PCs, HMI and Robotics.
Omron is an international manufacturer of industrial automation products for modern machinery. Our products can be found primarily in machinery for the food, automotive and semiconductor industry. The R&D department in Den Bosch is our company’s knowledge center. Here we develop new technologies and products such as industrial PCs, HMI, AI products, mobile robotics, fixed robotics and system integration, which our B2B clients can then use to build the perfect machine. Do you see this as an interesting challenge? For this multicultural department we’re looking for:
Lead Software Engineer
Role and Responsibilities:
- Part of multidisciplinary development projects for Industrial Automation products such as Industrial PCs, HMI and Robotics;
- Responsible for the software development of then next generation of Industrial PC’s and integration with Robotics, AI, Vision, etc.;
- Lead the software development of our products;
- Together with the architect and other leads you analyze the market requirements and convert these into product specification and modular designs;
- Be able to go from concept to product development;
- Design and implement software that will run on embedded systems as well as .Net applications;
- Work with international teams from the different Omron locations, both within Europe, USA and in Japan;
- Become a champion of our product portfolio, technology & development process.
- You have an academic or equivalent degree (minimum Bsc) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable.
- You are seen as the natural leader in a team.
- You are familiar with embedded development and aspects of IoT security.
- You are experienced with at least these programming languages (C, C++) and preferably C#.
- You are familiar with RTOS (Real-Time Operating Systems) development, and know how to developed code in such an environment.
- You have at least 5 years work experience.
- You have a working knowledge of the Linux environment, and have developed code on it.
- You are familiar with Agile development practices e.g Scrum, Kanban.
- You are familiar with modern build automation environment such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.
- You are methodical in your approach, with excellent judgment and good communication skills.
- You feel comfortable in an international environment and have a good understanding of the Dutch (B2 level) and English language, both in speaking and writing.
- You are result oriented, responsible, thorough, and pro-active.
- You are prepared to travel occasionally , to the various Omron locations, our technology partners and key target customers.
How to put Artificial Intelligence in Action in Real-life Industrial Automation? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocS7NYg1w8A
What can you expect of Omron?
Working at Omron means working in a dynamic, international organization. We are a Japanese company that is run by a local management. The R&D team works on global product development from concept to product release to the market or a specific target customer. We work on international projects with our multidisciplinary team (mechanical, software, hardware and system testing). Furthermore, in Den Bosch you’ll find Omron’s biggest production location in Europe, where you can see your products go into production. Next to it we have a distribution centrum from which we supply all European clients.
We look forward to your motivation letter and your cv! Please apply through our career site adding your resume and motivation letter. For more information or a question about this vacancy you can contact Esther Hoedemaekers, at email@example.com