For the Engineering department in Production we are looking for an Lead Software Engineer who likes to work in a multi disciplinary team with mechanical and electrical Engineers. Together they use innovative technologies, like robots, cameras and artificial intelligence.
What makes this position unique?
Omron is an international manufacturer of industrial automation products for modern machinery. Our products can be found primarily in machinery for the food, automotive and semiconductor industry. You will join the Production department in Den Bosch to realize and lead the transition to the factory of the future. Here we develop new technologies and products such as industrial PCs, HMI, AI products, mobile robotics, fixed robotics and system integration, which our B2B clients can then use to build the perfect machine.
As Lead Software Engineer, you will be part of multidisciplinary development projects for these products. You will, as a natural leader, take responsibility on the projects and go from concept to product development. You will show your methodical approach and communication skills in English and Dutch (on a B2 level) in an international and dynamic environment.
What will you do?
- Lead the software manufacturing solutions for the next generation of Industrial PC’s and integration with Robotics, AI, Vision, etc.
- Analyze the market trends and translate these into product specification and modular designs, together with the architect and other leads
- Design and implement software running on embedded systems as well as .NET applications
- Work with international teams from the different Omron locations, both within Europe, USA, and Japan
- Become a champion on leading innovative manufacturing solutions
- Develop new technologies from an initial idea and implementing them in (new) projects
What are we looking for?
- BSc or MSc in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable.
- You have at least 5 years work experience with technical software and application development
- You are experienced with C & C++ and preferably C#
- You are familiar with RTOS development, and know how to develop code in such an environment
- You have a working knowledge of the Linux & Windows environment, and have developed code on it
- You are familiar with embedded development and aspects of IoT security (pré)
- You are familiar with Agile development e.g Scrum, Kanban.
- You are familiar with modern build automation environment such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Gitlab, etc.
What is it like to work at OMRON?
Since Omron's foundation in Japan in 1933, the company has been driven by providing solutions that improve people's lives in an innovative way. Decades after, we strive to live up to the values of continuous innovation driven by social needs, challenging ourselves during the journey and treating others with respect, encouraging their potential.
This is translated to the everyday activities in our production center in Den Bosch. You will join an environment where you can lead innovation and contribute to society in a sustainable way. Omron offers you growth opportunities in a stable, well stablished environment that keeps on growing steadily every year. We take proud in having a welcoming, open and inclusive environment.
Omron offers you attractive benefits next to your salary, such as 8,3% holiday allowance, year-end bonus, pension scheme, travel costs compensation and other components.
Do you see yourself working at Omron and leading innovation?
Sounds like you?
We invite you to apply via our Careers Webpage with your CV and motivation letter stating why do you see yourself working at Omron and what catches your attention from this opportunity. Questions about the role? Please contact Amanda Ruiz, HRM Coordinator on 0655227764