The Software Engineer is responsible for extending the Omron software platform by joining a team with the mission to develop Drives Configuration software in the industrial automation field. You will work closely with other software engineers, test engineers, application engineers.
Junior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Software Engineer with innovative and entrepreneur mindset who wants to be part of a software product development team of multidisciplinary professionals in the framework of the industrial automation
Omron Corporation is a leading industrial automation company that leverages its core sensing & control technologies to expand into businesses, such as control components, electronic components, automotive electronic components, social infrastructure, healthcare, and the environment.
Omron was established in 1933, and has around 39,000 global employees, offering products and services in over 110 nations and regions. In the industrial automation business, Omron is contributing to making an affluent society by offering automation technologies which drive innovation in manufacturing as well as products and customer support.
About Our Team and Your Role
We are a software engineering team distributed in 2 locations, Fareham (United Kingdom) and Barcelona (Spain), strongly collaborating with other Omron Global locations, such as Kusatsu (Japan), California (United States) and Den Bosch (Netherlands). Our team mission is to develop innovative human machine interactions for the factory of the future.
The Software Engineer is responsible for extending the Omron software platform by joining a team with the mission to develop Drives Configuration software in the industrial automation field. You will work closely with other software engineers, test engineers, application engineers and you will be part of a global development team and take full responsibility for the product development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate user stories and use cases into new functions of a software desktop product
- Communicate to project stakeholders on design decisions and project status
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the software
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Acquire and implement knowledge on new technology relevant for Omron
- Achieve the best products in the market with passion.
Required Skills and Experience
- Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- From 0 to 2 years of software industry experience
- Experience with C# (.NET) design and coding.
- Understanding of fundamental design / SOLID principles for building a scalable application.
- High attention to the code quality and used to conduct code reviews and implementing Unit Tests.
- Corporate project development experience from design, development to release
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an open mind;
- Able to think outside the box: find unexpected ways to solve problems of meet requirements;
- Dynamic drive to contribute to a larger goal (building a company).
- Very Good level of English since it will be used as standard working language
- The knowledge and/or experience of any of the following would be desirable:
- Experience with WPF, MVVM, dependency injection container (i.e. Unity Container).
- Microsoft Certifications (Programming in C#, desktop applications).
- Industrial Automation Applications: PLC, Sensors, Motion Control, Inverter, Servo, Robotics, etc.