We are looking for a Junior System Test Engineer who wants to be part of multidisciplinary development projects for Industrial automation products such as Industrial PCs, HMI and Robotics.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Part of multidisciplinary development projects for Industrial Automation products such as Industrial PCs, HMI and Robotics.
- Responsible for system testing new products for Industrial PC’s and machine integration
- Designing and developing manual and automated tests for hardware and embedded software systems
- Designing, setting up and maintaining test environments; for example: automated tests for user interfaces, Robot cells for duration testing.
- Self-managing test execution activities and defect reporting
- Work with international teams from the different Omron locations, both within Europe, USA and in Japan.
- Become familiar with our product portfolio, technology & development process, through training program (soft skill and technical trainings) and learning on the job together with your assigned coach.
- You have an academic or equivalent degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or comparable
- You are computer literate and comfortable in the use of technology and IT systems, including experience with at least one programming (scripting) language
- You are innately curious about technology, exploring edge case scenarios to test the boundaries of the systems with a quality first approach
- You are methodical in your approach, with excellent judgment and good communication skills
- Affinity with hardware testing; analogue and digital electronics and measurement techniques
- You feel comfortable in an international environment and have a good understanding of the English language, both in speaking and writing
- You are result oriented, responsible, thorough, and pro-active.
- You are prepared to travel occasionally, eg to the various Omron locations, our technology partners and key target customers.
How to put Artificial Intelligence in Action in Real-life Industrial Automation? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocS7NYg1w8A
What can you expect of Omron?
Working at Omron means working in a dynamic, international organization. We are a Japanese company that is run by a local management. The R&D team works on global product development from concept to product release to the market or a specific target customer.. We work on international projects with our multidisciplinary team (mechanical, software, hardware and system testing). Furthermore, in Den Bosch you’ll find Omron’s biggest production location in Europe, where you can see your product go into production. Next to it we have a distribution centrum from which we supply all European clients.
We look forward to your motivation letter and your cv! You can send them to our HR Advisor, Esther Hoedemaekers (recruitment_IAB@eu.omron.com). You can also use this e-mail address to request for a more detailed job description or any other questions.