Are you an experienced Financial Controller with a broader perspective, and have the ability to handle stakeholders in other teams? Do you like to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment? Then this might be a role for you!
Omron Corporation (Omron) established in 1933, is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 39,000 employees in 44 countries. Omron is specialized in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries, including automation, electronic components and healthcare.
OMRON is now seeking for a highly motivated Financial Controller to join our Finance & Accounting Team.
OMRON´s EMEA Finance & Accounting team is located at its European Headquarters in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. A dedicated team supports to four different Omron businesses consisting of more than 40 entities and branches in Europe, The Middle East, and Africa.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Entering financial data such as accruals, deferrals, re-classifications, and interdepartmental entries into the ledger monthly.
- Performing audits on financial data to assure its accuracy and truthfulness.
- Aligning general ledger accounting practices to support budgeting and forecasting.
- Reconciling accounts with the general ledgers monthly.
- Performing account analysis to ensure that journal entries and balances are correct.
- Gathering supporting documentation and performing record keeping.
- Reconciliation, review, and maintenance of all balances in the entity trial balance - In depth knowledge of the balances included in the trial balance and First point of contact for questions on balances
- Maintain general ledger accounts and reconciliations
Financial control :
- Collaborating with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial information.
- Ensuring that financial information complies with professional and regulatory standards
- Keeping abreast of regulatory requirements and best practices in accounting.
- Have a broader understanding of accounting and the ability to look at it from a holistic perspective
- Must be naturally good at understanding and deciphering numerical data (Numeracy skills)
- Must be able to work under time pressure to put out the reports while still maintaining a flawless level of accuracy
- Work together with the compliance teams about regulatory compliance issues.
- Manage relationship and expectations of external parties (tax authorities)
- Ensure proper compliance with respect to JSOX, legal, risk compliance and tax authorities.
Required education and qualifications
- Bachelor´s Degree of Commerce or Accounting or equivalent.
- Registered Controller or equivalent.
Required specific knowledge, skills and experience
- English language proficiency
- Strong excel, power point skills
- Knowledge of Dutch legal and European tax requirements.
- Knowledge and application of accounting guidelines (US-GAAP, Dutch GAAP, J-SOX, IFRS).
- Knowledge of ERP systems and Accounting Software packages, preferably JDE.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, time management, reporting, communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and administrative skills.
- Proactively addresses business issues arising and takes action to resolve. Uses team structure effectively to delegate and ensure work tasks are completed with available resources.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Remains flexible to deal with changing business requirements and can manage task variation and prioritize to ensure critical work tasks are completed on time, accurately and completely.
- Excellent communication skills and team player (bridge builder)
- Self-starting and result / deadline oriented and accurate.
- The candidates must be eligible to work in Netherlands
We look forward to your motivation letter and your cv! Please click on apply!