Are you an experienced Financial Controller? Do you like to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment? Then this might be a role for you!
Omron Corporation (Omron) established in 1933, is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 39,000 employees in 44 countries. Omron is specialized in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries, including automation, electronic components and healthcare.
OMRON is now seeking for a highly motivated Financial Controller to join our Finance & Accounting Team.
OMRON´s EMEA Finance & Accounting team is located at its European Headquarters in Hoofddorp, The Netherlands. A dedicated team supports to different Omron businesses consisting of more than 40 entities and branches in Europe, The Middle East, and Africa.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the monthly reporting of actual results (P&L + B/S + HFM Package) per entity
- Prepare consolidated result on a monthly basis
- Analyse actual results vs. previous periods and prior year. Contribute to profitable growth by reporting key variances while advising the Business Controllers on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions.
- Initiate, propose and implement changes in processes and procedures in view of efficiency and internal control improvements.
- Ensure that all relevant reconciliations and lead schedules are created by the general ledger accountants and that balances agree to the reports
- Manage the activities and tasks being performed by general ledger accountants during the month end closing process to ensure the efficiency and accuracy of the reporting
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Provide responsible advice and content to the European Financial Controller on technical accounting issues and risk management
- Actively manage department employees to ensure accurate and timely completion of assigned tasks and adequate knowledge and skills. Assign work activities, monitor work flow, review and evaluate work, methods and procedures.
- Mentor, educate and develop department employees
- Critically assess accounting processes and identify and implement internal control environment improvements
- Execute and adhere to company quality policies and procedures and JSOX compliance requirements
- Completion of the yearly self-assessment sheets required for JSOX compliance
Required education and qualifications
- Bachelor´s Degree of Commerce or Accounting or equivalent.
- Registered Controller or equivalent.
Required specific knowledge, skills and experience
- English language proficiency
- Strong excel, power point skills.
- Knowledge of Dutch legal and European tax requirements.
- Knowledge and application of accounting guidelines (US-GAAP, Dutch GAAP, J-SOX, IFRS).
- Knowledge of ERP systems and Accounting Software packages, preferably JDE.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Excellent leadership, analytical, time management, reporting, communication, interpersonal, problem-solving and administrative skills.
- Proactively addresses business issues arising and takes action to resolve. Uses team structure effectively to delegate and ensure work tasks are completed with available resources.
- Flexible and able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Remains flexible to deal with changing business requirements and can manage task variation and prioritize to ensure critical work tasks are completed on time, accurately and completely.
- Excellent communication skills and team player (bridge builder)
- Self-starting and result / deadline oriented and accurate.
- The candidates must be eligible to work in Netherlands.
We look forward to your motivation letter and your cv! Please click on apply!