The Customs and Transportation Team Lead is responsible for the management of inbound and outbound transportation, on both operational and tactical levels.
In your role as C&T Team Lead, you will make use of process oriented thinking (end-to-end), flexibility and decisiveness to align with different stakeholders. Your high level of autonomy and proactiveness help you going the extra mile to achieve your goals.
What will you do?
- Ensure correct documentation for outbound shipments
- Ensure compliance with the OMRON rules
- Initiate and lead in improvements and documentation of internal processes
- Ensure sufficient resources, skills and competencies within the C&T department to do the required work
- Manage the inbound and outbound carriers on a tactical and operational level
- Ensure up to date documentation of all processes on sufficient detail level for the team and management
- Train team on new processes
- Monitor Operational performance of the C&T department and take actions in case of deviations
- Facilitate communication and problem resolution between internal and external stakeholders
- Adhere to the HR cycle (goal setting for team members, performance appraisals)
What are we looking for?
- 5-10 years experience in Logistics (Warehousing–Physical distribution)
- HBO level, either obtained by education or by experience
- Knowledge of customs requirements (preferably in holding a declarant certification)
- Good knowledge of principles of personnel coordination, including supervision, training and performance evaluation
- Good level/strong experience with MS office
- Good analytical skills, being able to analyze data, conclude and provide advise
- Excellent reporting skills
- Experience in project management is a preference
- Well developed organizational and time management skills
- Good knowledge of the Dutch and English language, both in speech and writing
- Knowledge of international transportation
- Experience with administrative systems such as WMS, TMS, ERP, customs management systems
What is it like to work at OMRON?
Since Omron's foundation in Japan in 1933, the company has been driven by providing solutions that improve people's lives in an innovative way. Decades after, we strive to live up to the values of continuous innovation driven by social needs, challenging ourselves during the journey and treating others with respect, encouraging their potential.
This is translated to the everyday activities in our production center in Den Bosch. You will join an environment where you can lead innovation and contribute to society in a sustainable way. Omron offers you growth opportunities in a stable, well stablished environment that keeps on growing steadily every year. We take proud in having a welcoming, open and inclusive environment.
Omron offers you attractive benefits next to your salary, such as 8,3% holiday allowance, year-end bonus, pension scheme, travel costs compensation and other components.
Do you see yourself working at Omron and leading innovation?
Something for you?
We invite you to apply with your CV and motivation letter, stating why do you see yourself in this role and what catches your attention from this opportunity. Please send your application to Amanda Ruiz, Talent Acquisition Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the role? Call 0655227764