As our business is increasing, we are looking to for a motivated Customer-Support Engineer (m/f).
Delta Tau is part of the Industrial Automation division of Omron. We are located in Switzerland in the city Neuhausen am Rheinfall. Our function inside of Omron is to support, implement, and program advanced motion systems. As our business is increasing, we are looking to for a motivated Customer-Support Engineer (m/f), 100%.
As an Engineer with Delta Tau, your overall responsibilities will be to learn and perform the following tasks:
- Ensure that our customers correctly implement our controls into their equipment and provide the appropriate hardware and software solutions for their application;
- Interface with customers in terms of new products and applications and guide them to the best implementation of Delta Tau products;
- Develop product test configurations and interface software to support our internal production and repair departments;
- Program automated equipment controlled by Delta Tau motion controllers;
- Create and maintain various PC-based programs which communicate with Delta Tau motion controllers;
- Support European customers via phone, e-mail, and on-site visits as needed;
- Complete several training seminars to be better able to accomplish these tasks;
- Skills related to Embedded Systems and PCB design could be used to develop customer specific solutions.
The right candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Technical degree in Mechatronics, Mechanical, Electrical engineering or related field;
- Exposure to PLC, CNC, Robotics, Embedded systems or related applications; Actual programming and application development experience on these systems is a plus;
- Computer programming a must. Knowledge of C# and C a definite advantage;
- Skilled with MS-Office suite applications;
- Understanding of Linux environment and the ability to quickly learn new software would be beneficial;
- Proficiency in German is beneficial;
- Proficiency in English is required.
The successful candidate should be self-starter, proactive, creative and a solution oriented thinker.
If you are interested in this job and have the experience and skills we need, please apply through the application form including your resume and motivation letter. If you have any additional questions regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Wegge (recruitment_IAB@eu.omron.com).