At Omron, Ethics and Compliance is not just about complying with laws and regulations, our daily activities constantly consider our Omron Principles, meaning business and our operations are based on high ethical standards.Do you like to work in a dynamic, international team?
Omron Corporation (Omron) established in 1933, is a leading, innovative multinational with more than 39,000 employees in 44 countries. Omron specialises in the development, production, distribution, marketing and sales of products and services in a variety of industries, including automation, electronic components, automotive and healthcare.
Omron Management Centre of Europe (OMCE) as a regional headquarter function for Omron Corporation (OC) based in Japan.
This position has evolved to work close to the local and Headquarter Finance and Accounting team, to the management in Turkey.
Compliance & Risk responsibilities (60%)
- Responsible for supporting all Business Companies in all elements of compliance and risk management, ensuring the agenda and instructions set by the Area Risk and Compliance Manager is adhered to.
- Ensure that company business is conducted in compliance with all external rules, and with internal systems of control that are imposed to achieve compliance across all internal functions.
- Actively promote and raise awareness and understanding of the internal Omron Group Rules (OGR’s) and corporate governance policies as well as readiness of employees to appropriately respond to changes and incidents.
- Ensure all relevant training associated with internal OGR’s and external standards to include Ethics Inductions (Omron Principles & code of conduct).
- Ensure company policies are up to date
- Local management of Corporate governance.
Finance & Accounting (40%)
- Providing support to F&A activities and controlling activities in accordance with Roles & Responsibilities, ensuring compliancy with all Omron Corporation internal controls and procedures to the following Business Units: OEE Turkey and OMCE
- Full responsibility for sign off on management accounts monthly, ensuring regular communication with Turkish General manager on monthly P&L.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations sign off.
- Provide support in the preparation of the F&A European budgeting process for all assigned BC’s. Review and submit final annual budgets for F&A and Business Companies with input from local stakeholders.
- Manage, oversee, support and feedback to OMCE Function all internal and statutory audit activity to include any Tax authority interaction.
- Review monthly statements by; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information, and trends.
- Support annual statements preparation.
- Prepare and support Tax Returns.
- Legal & fiduciary responsibilities.
- Prepare monthly cashflow.
- Analysis of monthly cashflow estimate versus actual.
- Advise Accounting department in their realisation of current and future objectives by optimizing processes.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance or equivalent
- At least 5 years experience in Governance, Compliance & Risk Management
- At least 10 years experience in Finance & Accounting Department in a global organisation, to include experience of:US GAAP Reporting, Local GAAP Reporting, Corporate Tax Returns, VAT reporting, Budget Control support, Internal controls implementation , Audits (internal and External ) and at least 5 years managerial experience in this field
- Audit experience; working with Shared service center is valued
- Strong commitment to integrity, ethical business conduct and compliance with the law. Interest in compliance and legal topics
- Demonstrates a mixture of commercial and technical skills
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Advanced Excel skills
- Willingness to travel