Motivated to take on a new challenge? We are looking for an Account Manager Distribution for our sales organisation.
Omron Corporation is a leading industrial automation company that leverages its core sensing & control technologies to expand into businesses, such as control components, electronic components, automotive electronic components, social infrastructure, healthcare, and the environment.
Omron was established in 1933, and has around 39,000 global employees, offering products and services in over 110 nations and regions. In the industrial automation business, Omron is contributing to making an affluent society by offering automation technologies which drive innovation in manufacturing as well as products and customer support.
Location: Home-Office. Working from home, ideally within the assigned region: NG, LN, PE, NR, CB, IP postcodes.
- Grow Omron’s Distribution business in the East Midlands by increasing year-on-year billings and overall profitability
- Achieve sales targets & KPI's as set by the Distribution Manager.
- Produce, agree and execute annual sales plans with Distributors, identifying key areas for growth.
- Facilitate regular joint sales visits and promotional activities, working closely with the Distributors to identify, win and develop new Omron customers through their channel.
- Assist the Distributors with customer proposals, product demonstrations and pricing support.
- Co-ordinate all Distribution support and training activities, including use of the Field Application Engineers.
- Grow in-house share with the Distributors, working to become the dominant supplier to them in all product areas
- Introduce new product lines and services to the Distributors and their customers.
- Continuously seek to convert the Distributors competing for franchise lines to Omron.
- Build in-house share at the Distributors customers through proactive joint sales activities.
- Implement and support annual Distribution marketing plans, sales campaigns and promotions.
- Maximise Omron’s Strategic Distributor relationships, progressively optimising their capabilities
- Build and develop mutually beneficial working relationships with the Distributors, at all levels.
- Work closely with the Distributors’ sales teams to educate them on Omron’s product portfolio and complimentary services.
- Assist with marketing activities such as tradeshows, campaigns and other promotional activities.
- Address Distributor related issues, sales conflicts and pricing issues in a timely manner.
- Manage sales area pipeline and reporting
- Manage sales area pipeline, forecast monthly sales and regularly review Distributor sales plans.
- Provide feedback to Management on the success of sales promotions, initiatives and overall business development with the Distributors.
- Record all required data onto the company CRM system.
Performance Criteria / Key Performance Indicators
- Achievement of Regional Distribution Target
- Achievement of Strategic Partner Growth Target
- Sales & Activity Plan Implementation
- Value of In-house Share Growth
- Target Number of Visits
- Self Reliance
- Builds and maintains knowledge of the business area.
- Takes ownership of issues/problems.
- Identifies solutions.
- Initiates action to resolve.
- Result Driven
- Focused on profit/revenue maximisation and achieving agreed standards and targets.
- Decision-Making Ability
- Identify knowledge or support required to reach individual decisions.
- Take appropriate action to achieve the best possible outcome in each case.
- Commercial Awareness
- Good financial awareness.
- Displays the ability to negotiate as an equal business partner within business relationships.
- Team Orientation
- Supportive of company objectives.
- Able to see the "bigger picture", operating strategically and in line with distribution channel targets.
- Work with colleagues to ensure cross-functional integration and execution of business strategy.